From the moment you find out you are pregnant your life is transformed. Mother and Child Medical Center aims to work in partnership with you throughout your pregnancy, offering all of the services you will need including full antenatal care, your preferred or medically required delivery option and your postnatal care needs.
As the largest private maternity clinic in Cyprus delivering in excess of 500 babies a year, Mother and Child Medical Centre places great emphasis on safety and quality, as well as providing a premier maternity service to ensure that your birthing experience is memorable for all the right reasons. Our goal is to put women at the center of their own maternity care and empower them to make decisions about how they want to give birth, all with the highest standards of healthcare quality and safety.
Our team of experienced Obstetricians, are here to answer all your questions, no matter how big or small. Educational classes to prepare you for childbirth are available for you and your partner, as well as exercise classes to help maintain general fitness and get your body ready for having a baby (please see our Physiotherapy & Wellness Unit section).
Our unique Private maternity care service includes:
- Range of our newly refurbished state-of-the-art rooms, or suites, including private bathrooms, baby monitoring facilities, cable TV, and refrigerator. All with the option for your partner to stay with you overnight.
- Bathroom amenities by Apivita, the oldest Greek manufacturer of natural personal care products.
- One-to-one care throughout labour.
- A resident obstetric anaesthetist based on the labour ward 24 hours a day.
- 2 operating theatres, fully equipped with the latest technology operating tables, surgical lighting, and anaesthesia.
- 2 fully private delivery rooms with a private bathroom
- 24 hour nursery, with nursery nurses to support you and help you to care for your newborn. Breastfeeding gives your baby the best possible start in life. Almost all women can breastfeed successfully. It can sometimes be hard work to begin with but for many it is a wonderful and enjoyable experience.